Monday, 19 January 2015

18 months later... we don't do things by halves

Today is my 18 month wedding anniversary and what an 18 months its been! Its fair to say that we don't do things by halves, its been a very busy year and a half! Reflecting back on our marriage, I thought I's share some of my favorite wedding photos.

We moved interstate, bought our first house, got married, both started new jobs, went on our belated honeymoon to Italy, found out we were pregnant with a challenging pregnancy, had our beautiful baby Elena, and now we're selling our house and moving again!

They say the first year of marriage is the hardest, and for us it was a challenging year, particularly because we were expecting a baby, and had moved away from all our friends and family to a new (somewhat unfriendly) city where we struggled to make friends. We made it through though, and are stronger for it. I wouldn't recommend everyone take on everything we did in their first year of marriage (or in one go in general) but we learnt a lot along the way. Where we go from here, well, I don't think either of us are sure, but we are certainly unlikely to take it easy, that's never been our MO!

Happy 18 months to my wonderful husband, Jacob, and here's to many more! xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary! Yeah, you do take on a lot sometimes. Perhaps this coming year will be easier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since we are about to move house with an almost 4 month old, I suspect this year wont be too quiet either!

      Delete
  2. Hi Lu, I just found your blog. Sounds like you guys certainly did have a whirlwind first year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! It has certainly been a busy year, I would say it will be quieter this year but I'd be lying :)

      Delete