Thursday, 22 January 2015

Woah baby! Slow down!

My baby was always active. While I was pregnant she would kick me like it was going out of fashion. If she didn't kick, she would do somersaults and had hiccup. So it should be no surprise that she would be an active baby!


Her first roll was at 9 weeks. Tummy to back. And I missed it! All week I'd been watching her tummy time and suspected a roll was coming. On Friday night my husband got home from work and I asked him to do tummy time with Elena while I cooked dinner. Cooking away, I heard cheering from her nursery and rushed in only to see her on her back. She had rolled over! 3 weeks later she did her first back to tummy roll and a week after that she started rolling in the opposite direction. So now I have a baby that is constantly rolling every which way. I honestly can't leave her even for a minute or she will not be in the same place when I get back.

Last night, I moved her into the big bed and stopped swaddling her because she just kept wanting to roll out of her bassinet. Silly girl. She slept like a dream! Rolling to her side and back. Moving up and down her cot as she pleased.

Where did the time go? It now appears my little helpless immobile newborn is now a mobile tiny human! She holds her head up, she rolls, the tries to stand at every chance she gets. I though we had more time before our babies tried to grow up? How do people cope when their babies no longer need them? I know she is only 4 months old, but they grow so fast! Soon enough our tiny humans will be rambunctious teens then independent adults!

Oh baby, stop growing so fast!


14 comments:

  1. They grow up so quickly in the first year! Wait until she starts school... I think the school years go even faster!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad school is 5 years away, but its going to be here in no time!

      Delete
  2. It's almost heart breaking that the newborn phase passes so quickly. One minute they're born, the next you're completing the six week check ups, suddenly they are moving, coo'ing, reaching for toys. Two blinks later you're preparing for the first birthday.
    Our youngest is turning one at the end of next month, & I am so not ready. These days are fleeting & far too short.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm tempted to keep having more babies just so I always have a baby around! I'm loving this time. Happy almost first birthday to your little one!

      Delete
    2. Lol - well our youngest is our sixth child ;-) The hubby is adamant there will be no #7. I'm still hoping he'll change his mind in the next few years :-P

      Delete
    3. OMG, I'm not sure I could handle 6, but the constant flow of babies would be nice :)

      Delete
  3. It goes way too fast, even if you savour every moment possible. Babies are so precious :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! I'm just trying to take it all the little precious moments that happen every day. I just love seeing all her little new skills :)

      Delete
  4. Oh the cuteness! Mine bubba is just a wee bit older than yours, she now uses rolling as her mode of transportation! Starts to get super crazy right about now and then it never stops :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, they are all go once the rolling starts! Mine manages to swivel herself is circles somehow as she rolls. Its rather adorable!

      Delete
  5. They certainly grow up very fast, we are now teaching our oldest to drive and she is in her last year of school!! Where does the time go! Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh no, teens! My husband is already bulking up and talking about getting multiple tattoos to scare off all the teenage boys!

      Delete
  6. yes I agree, they grow so fast and soon you will forget what it felt like to hold your new born and you'll start aching for another baby!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm already aching for another babies after a friend recently had a baby and I remembered the newborn phase! Love all the firsts newborns have :)

    ReplyDelete