Wednesday, 11 February 2015

My new mummy bucket list! Year of firsts!


How did it start?

Recently, Elise from The Confetti Room put a call out to anyone who wanted to take part in 'A Year of Firsts'. Well I thought, hell yes! What a great idea!

My husband is always telling me I need to step out of my comfort zone. I started this year with a new baby and a new blog, so why not continue on with new experiences and come up with a list of firsts that I'd like to accomplish over the year.

The Rules

Like to hop on board with your own year of firsts? Just a few simple rules:

– Make a list of at least 20 – 30 ‘firsts’ you want to experience this year.

– Document those experiences by taking photos & blogging about them, linking back to your list.

– Post your url in the comment section on The Confetti Room so others can follow your journey.

– Leave a comment on the other participants #YearOfFirsts posts!


Here's my list!

#YearOfFirsts

1. Find our forever home

2. Make a start towards a new career path

3. Build a bigger, better blog

4. Make a spectacular first birthday cake for my baby

5. Learn to knit

6. Learn to crochet

7. Go kayaking on the lake

8. Get an extreme haircut (at least extreme for me!)

9. Go on our first family holiday

10. Get my daughter to sleep through the night

11. Write a book for my daughter with my mother

12. Get fit!

13. Join a mothers group

14. Create something beautiful for my daughter

15. Take a class with my husband

16. Go on a family road trip

17. Celebrate my mum's 60th in style

18. Make my own baby food

19. Host a dinner party (or maybe lunch)

20. Watch the sunrise across the lake at my parents house

21. Learn how to cook the perfect steak for my husband

22. Meditate

xo


My Friends in the 'Firsts' club:


Charlotte // How Do You Do 22
Ben // Ben Evans
Genie // Bunny Eats Design
Dani // Dani Pohlod
Emma // Emma Louisa
Leah // The Kid Bucket List
Ashley // Organic Ash
Elese // Elese Aesthete
Elise // The Confetti Room

Linking with:
Finding Myself Young
My little Drummer Boys
Agent Mystery Case

15 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. thanks for the kick in the pants to actually try some new things! Just what I needed :)

      Delete
  2. Great list! Reading yours makes me want to add to mine! Meditate more, learn to knit, write a book....great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could have added so much more! When I read the other lists there were all these other things I wanted to do! This will be lots of fun :)

      Delete
  3. A good list of firsts for to to achieve this year, good on you for setting goals! Visiting from #aussieparentingbloggers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hopefully I can tick them all off :)

      Delete
  4. Wow, someone's going to have a busy (but fun) 2015!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! Hopefully I can tick everything off on my list, I feel like I have to now that its public!

      Delete
  5. Great idea! I think I might join in. My list will contain some of the same as yours too I think.
    Sarah @She Writes
    shewrites.net.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely do it! It makes you accountable to do all the things you keep saying you'll do and dont. Now its published I have to do it :) You can link your post here if you like and also to the Confetti Room. Good luck with your list!

      Delete
  6. All the best of luck in achieving these Lu - what a fabulous list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm on my way already with some of them! I've been discussing with my mother the book we're putting together for her, its going to be so much fun!

      Delete
  7. What a great idea.
    I'm quick to jump onto great ideas but not following through.
    My 101 in 1001 is 2 yrs behind - time I revisited it.

    (Ps we just bought kayaks and they are so much fun and great for fitness)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this makes me a bit accountable I think!

      My parents live on a lake and have Kayaks, but in the 2 years they have lived there I haven't tried them out, now I have to!

      Delete
  8. Love the list! Definitely want to see your extreme haircut! Haha

    ReplyDelete