How did it start?
Recently, Elise from The Confetti Room put a call out to anyone who wanted to take part in 'A Year of Firsts'. Well I thought, hell yes! What a great idea!
My husband is always telling me I need to step out of my comfort zone. I started this year with a new baby and a new blog, so why not continue on with new experiences and come up with a list of firsts that I'd like to accomplish over the year.
Like to hop on board with your own year of firsts? Just a few simple rules:
– Make a list of at least 20 – 30 ‘firsts’ you want to experience this year.
– Document those experiences by taking photos & blogging about them, linking back to your list.
– Post your url in the comment section on The Confetti Room so others can follow your journey.
– Leave a comment on the other participants #YearOfFirsts posts!
Here's my list!
1. Find our forever home
2. Make a start towards a new career path
3. Build a bigger, better blog
4. Make a spectacular first birthday cake for my baby
5. Learn to knit
6. Learn to crochet
7. Go kayaking on the lake
8. Get an extreme haircut (at least extreme for me!)
9. Go on our first family holiday
10. Get my daughter to sleep through the night
11. Write a book for my daughter with my mother
12. Get fit!
13. Join a mothers group
14. Create something beautiful for my daughter
15. Take a class with my husband
16. Go on a family road trip
17. Celebrate my mum's 60th in style
18. Make my own baby food
19. Host a dinner party (or maybe lunch)
20. Watch the sunrise across the lake at my parents house
21. Learn how to cook the perfect steak for my husband
My Friends in the 'Firsts' club:
Charlotte // How Do You Do 22
Ben // Ben Evans
Genie // Bunny Eats Design
Dani // Dani Pohlod
Emma // Emma Louisa
Leah // The Kid Bucket List
Ashley // Organic Ash
Elese // Elese Aesthete
Elise // The Confetti Room
Finding Myself Young
My little Drummer Boys
Agent Mystery Case