Wednesday, 8 July 2015
'sssshhhhh box' - How to get 10 minutes of peace!
These boxes are great for keeping in the car to take when you're off to visit the grandparents or a relative's place. They will keep bub entertained while you're chatting away and then just pack up back into the box for next time.
Really simple, really fun!
Do-It-Yourself sensory box.
What you'll need:
- a shoe box (a colourful bag will work too!)
- various ribbons and fabrics with different textures
- mini rice shakers or rattles
- small ball
- old magazine or catalog
- small baby safe mirror
- other small objects (make sure they are not small enough to be a choking hazard) with texture or that make noise. I added a zipper and some linking rattle toys.
For a toddler or older baby add:
- anything that produces light, like a little torch
- pine cones, seedpods, leaves
- large shells
- lemons or limes
What to do:
Step 1 - Put it all in a box.
Step 2 - Give to baby and make yourself a cup of coffee while they explore. Its really that easy!
You can mix it up. You don't need to put all or any or these things in.Consider doing themed ones for toddlers like a yellow theme filled with lemons and bananas and yellow ribbons, etc or one full of things from the garden!
You can use these over and over again, babies will forget rather quickly that they have seen this before when you pull it out again a few days later!
Big tip! Please remember that anything smaller than those old fashioned film canisters (you know the ones your parents had, they drop off at the chemist to get developed...) is a choking hazard
Agent Mystery Case