Wednesday, 12 August 2015
15 Reasons I love being a mother!
I'm not going to say it isn't hard. Motherhood is the hardest thing in the world! Under the weight of post-natal depression, anxiety, the stress, the dirty nappies, the inability to pee alone or run out to grab something from the local shops, sometimes its hard to see the good. But even with all that motherhood is worth it.
Sometimes it feels easier to talk about the hard things or grumble away about the negatives - the mess, the lack of sleep, expense and so on. I've certainly complained my fair share, but I really just love being a mother and here's a bunch of reasons why!
1. The cuddles. There is nothing like baby cuddles.
2. The smiles. Remember that feeling when you first saw your baby smile? Wasn't it amazing. I love it when I look at her and she smiles at me. Even when I'm feeling down or tired it always brightens my mood.
3. The laughing. The giggles! Watching daddy blow raspberries and hearing those little baby giggles. There's no sound more beautiful than a child laughing.
4. Watching the little changes. I love love love the little changes I see in her every day. Whether is something big like her first steps or watching her examine a piece of fluff on the floor and try, try, trying to pick it up until she finally gets it (...and proceeds to put it in her mouth...).
5. When I spend all week trying to teach her something and she finally gets it! I've been trying to teach the Koala to meow for weeks. 'What sound does kitkat make? Meow Meow', I repeat over and over again... finally, 'What sound does kitkat make?' and the Koala squeaks a little meow back! It makes me so proud.
6. Connecting with other mothers. I love that being a mother has helped me branch out and meet new people, I've met some lovely women as a result! And I love that we always have something in common - babies are great conversation starters.
7. Poo becomes funny again. Between my teen years right up until I had a baby, I did not find bodily functions the least bit funny. Now I can't help but giggle every time she lets out a fluff or pees down my husbands top or even poos in the bath! What has happened to me?
8. It makes me become a better woman. I want to be the best role model for my daughter. I want her to look at me with pride and respect. This is one of the best gifts motherhood has given me is the drive to create better life, to be kind, gentler, wiser, and stronger.
9. I'm learning about patience. My husband will tell you I'm about the most impatient woman ever, yes EVER. Pregnancy helped with that one too. I'm loving that I'm learning to be more patient and forgiving.
10. I'm teaching myself new skills I would have never otherwise tried to learn. I learnt to sew and its awesome! Enough said.
11. That moment when my baby falls asleep in my arms and she's quiet and peaceful and beautiful. Love! <3
12. Watching them grow and reminiscing about how they've grown. I am constantly amazed by how much she changes, how much she learns. I love looking at photos of a tiny little baby and feel so proud of how she's becoming her own person. I love that I'm starting to see those little hints of myself in her.
13. The innocence. She smiles at all the little things we don't even notice.
14. I have something to talk about. Yay finally my Facebook updates are no longer about how dull my work is, whats for dinner or how I'm feeling. Now I've actually got something to say.
15. Life feels fuller everyday!
What do you love about being a parent? Share them here or on my Facebook, Twitter or Instagram! When you're having a tough day, remind yourself of all these reasons why you actually love it. Hopefully it'll bring a little bit of happiness to your day.
Milk and Cuddles
With Some Grace
Ultimate Rabbit Hole