Thursday, 6 August 2015

Baby Food Inspiration - Easy Zucchini and Carrot Cheesy muffins!

I read somewhere that if you're baby doesn't start eating lumpy food by 10 months, they would struggle with food while they were young. This freaked me out a little and I went on a bit of a mission to make sure I introduced various textures to the koala as soon as possible. My bub had only been eating purees and rusks after our scary choking episodes when she was 3 months, but she loves her food.

I wanted to make sure she had a variety of foods after only giving her purees, rusks and Mum Mums (otherwise known as crack for babies - that stuff is good!). But I also wanted it to be healthy and baby friendly.

I came up with these easy Zucchini and Carrot Cheesy Muffins one day, and they went down a treat! Tasty and simple.

Enjoy!


Ingredients
1 and a half cups of self raising flour
1 medium zucchini
1 medium carrot
1 cup of cheese (use any hard cheese you like)
2 eggs
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 cup milk

How to do it
1. Preheat a moderate oven (approximately 180 degree Celsius/330 Fahrenheit).

2. Grate the zucchini, carrot and cheese.

3. Sift flour into a large bowl and stir in milk, oil and eggs.

4. Fold in your grated ingredients.

5. Bake for 18 minutes until the tops are a little golden and they spring back when pressed.

6. Cool and enjoy.

Helpful hints: This recipe is easily varied, just change up the veggies or add your favourite herbs. Muffins are easily frozen, so once cooled, stick them in an icecream tub and freeze them so you can use them as you want.

The result

Happy baby!

xo

Linking with:
Honest Mum
The Ultimate Rabbit Hole

12 comments:

  1. We made zucchini and corn muffins recently and bub loves them. I never thought to put carrot with zucchini might have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. zucchini and corns a good combo :) carrot works well because it adds a bit of sweetness.. you could do any veggie combination you like though!

      Delete
  2. I'm definitely going to try making these. Hoping to get more veggies into my fussy 7 year old!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so! Hopefully she doesn't notice the veggies among the cheese and muffin-ness :)

      Delete
  3. These muffins look so tasty, my little poppets are 4,8 & 10 but I know we'd all love them too!
    A great way to get those veggies in! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they work for everyone :) I'm sure you're kids will love them!

      Delete
  4. My little ones are well past the baby food stage but I think they;d gobble these right up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just quietly, I've been eating them too.. they are pretty tasty, good for kids of all ages :)

      Delete
  5. Great job Lu! Bet the koala loves them :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look great Lu. Easy and suitable for the whole family! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, they aren't just baby food, but babies do love them, so do I!

      Delete