by 10 months, they would struggle with food while they were young. This freaked me out a little and I went on a bit of a mission to make sure I introduced various textures to the koala as soon as possible. My bub had only been eating purees and rusks after our scary choking episodes when she was 3 months, but she loves her food.
I wanted to make sure she had a variety of foods after only giving her purees, rusks and Mum Mums (otherwise known as crack for babies - that stuff is good!). But I also wanted it to be healthy and baby friendly.
I came up with these easy Zucchini and Carrot Cheesy Muffins one day, and they went down a treat! Tasty and simple.
1 and a half cups of self raising flour
1 medium zucchini
1 medium carrot
1 cup of cheese (use any hard cheese you like)
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 cup milk
How to do it
1. Preheat a moderate oven (approximately 180 degree Celsius/330 Fahrenheit).
2. Grate the zucchini, carrot and cheese.
3. Sift flour into a large bowl and stir in milk, oil and eggs.
4. Fold in your grated ingredients.
5. Bake for 18 minutes until the tops are a little golden and they spring back when pressed.
6. Cool and enjoy.
Helpful hints: This recipe is easily varied, just change up the veggies or add your favourite herbs. Muffins are easily frozen, so once cooled, stick them in an icecream tub and freeze them so you can use them as you want.
The Ultimate Rabbit Hole