Saturday, 22 August 2015
Baby food inspiration - yummy vegetable frittata!
I made this great vegetable frittata a few days ago and it was so easy and so healthy. Simple to make and the best thing is you can just throw in whatever vegetables you have on hand or just pick the ones you know your little human will eat.
4 very large eggs or 5 large eggs
1/2 cup of milk
1 cup grated zucchini
1 cup broccoli
1 cup carrots
1 cup grated cheese
How to do it
1. Preheat a moderate oven (180 degrees Celsius or 330 degrees Fahrenheit)
2. Chop your broccoli and carrots and steam until par cooked (approx. 10-12 minutes in a stove-top steamer)
3. Grease a small-medium baking dish and sprinkle your vegetables over the base of the dish. Sprinkle on half the cheese.
4. Beat the eggs and milk well with a fork and pour evenly over the top of the vegetables. Sprinkle of your remaining cheese.
5. Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden on top.
6. Slice and give to child.
7. Watch the mess unfold as they shovel it into their mouths.
Handy hint : You can change the recipe easily by changing the vegetables for whatever you like. You can easily slice and freeze the remaining portions for another night. This is a great meal for all the family, so no need to make multiple dinners!
My Home Truths
Ultimate Rabbit Hole
Lets Talk Mommy