Saturday, 22 August 2015

Baby food inspiration - yummy vegetable frittata!

The fun thing about your baby getting older is all the new food you can try out!  I'm testing all sorts of finger food recipes for the koala to eat that are tasty and healthy.

I made this great vegetable frittata a few days ago and it was so easy and so healthy. Simple to make and the best thing is you can just throw in whatever vegetables you have on hand or just pick the ones you know your little human will eat.

Ingredients

4 very large eggs or 5 large eggs
1/2 cup of milk
1 cup grated zucchini
1 cup broccoli
1 cup carrots
1 cup grated cheese

How to do it

1. Preheat a moderate oven (180 degrees Celsius or 330 degrees Fahrenheit)

2. Chop your broccoli and carrots and steam until par cooked (approx. 10-12 minutes in a stove-top steamer)

3. Grease a small-medium baking dish and sprinkle your vegetables over the base of the dish. Sprinkle on half the cheese.

4. Beat the eggs and milk well with a fork and pour evenly over the top of the vegetables. Sprinkle of your remaining cheese.

5. Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden on top.

6. Slice and give to child.

7. Watch the mess unfold as they shovel it into their mouths.

Handy hint : You can change the recipe easily by changing the vegetables for whatever you like. You can easily slice and freeze the remaining portions for another night. This is a great meal for all the family, so no need to make multiple dinners!

-----------

Enjoy!

xo

Linking with:
My Home Truths
Essentially Jess
Ultimate Rabbit Hole
Honest Mum
Lets Talk Mommy
With Some Grace

9 comments:

  1. I love a good frittata. For a while there I was making one each week to have for breakfast. I'd put in some protein as well as whatever leftover vegetables I'd have on hand and it always tasted great. One of those recipes that even a non-cook like me can actually make!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are a handy meals aren't they! Easy and tasty, you can't go wrong!

      Delete
  2. That sounds very similar to the zucchini slice I make for my kids! Except I put flour and bacon in it. They love it:) #TeamIBOT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. zucchini slice is yummy! I haven't made it for my girl yet but it's probably time I do :)

      Delete
  3. I haven't had a veggie frittata in ages, so good!
    Tegan xx - Permanent Procrastination

    ReplyDelete
  4. Easy and yum! Gotta love that! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. absolutely! easy and tasty are the key ingredients for my food for bub, otherwise I'd spend my life cooking!

      Delete
  5. Oh this sounds so delicious and amazing. Yum. Thank you ever so much for linking up to Share With Me. I hope to see you again soon. I apologize for my late commenting, just catching up on a hectic week. I appreciate all the blog support. Look forward to reading more of your SWM link ups. #sharewithme

    ReplyDelete