I've mostly been making savory uglies (I'm post some recipes to those soon) but the other day I thought I'd try a sweet version. My Koala has gone off eating bananas for some reason so I thought I'd turn all the browning ones I have into a tasty treat.
So did she eat these? Let just say she would have eaten 10 if I let her!
These things are so easy and so tasty. The recipe is also super easy to alter, you could add strawberries or blueberries or even apple. I wrap them up in cling wrap or put them in a little lunchbox to take out with us. They are great for out and about and freeze well, so just defrost as you need.
What you need
- 3 overripe bananas
- 1/2 cup of desiccated coconut
- 2/3 cup of sultanas
- 300grams (just over a cup) of self raising flour
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 egg
How to make it!
1. Preheat a moderate oven, approximately 180degrees Celsius or 320degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Put all the ingredients in a bowl and mix with a spoon. The mixture should be super thick and almost doughy.
3. Grease a large baking tray and place spoonfuls of mixture approximately approximate 2-3cm (1 inch) apart and bake for 18minutes or until lightly golden.
4. Cool and give Banana Uglies to toddler.
5. Pray it doesn't end up on the floor.
My home truths - I must confess
Ultimate Rabbit Hole
What Kids Eat