Thursday, 31 December 2015

Goodbye sleep deprivation, breastfeeding shame and crazy stalkers.

Goodbye 2015. You have been a long one, a good one but a hard one.

My 2015 in 3 words? That's a tricky one. It's been challenging, tough but moving. 

For me, 2015 was seen so many changes and some major life decisions but I'm yet to see what the result is.

The greatest gift 2015 brought me was watching my little koala grow from a little baby to a full on toddler. Watching her learn and discover the world. It has been the most precious time of my life.

At the same time we moved our family across the country in hopes of finding more support and happiness. I've searched for a new career... and not found one yet. We sold our first house and made the (possibly stupid) decision to buy a block of land and build a new one. We have endured 10 month living in the same house as my parents, and surprisingly found it not as bad as expected. We've made new friends, and cut loose some not so nice old ones.

We have had so many ups and downs this year I feel like I'm on a bit of a roll-a-coaster! Moving for us seemed like a great idea. We'd be closer to our support network, be able to buy a bigger house for our new family and we were looking forward to the beach and warmer weather. Don't get me wrong the move has been good. I've met some really lovely people and the koala and I have found a great group of mums to talk to and play with. On the other hand, I've struggled with a lack of personal direction. My careers was moving, I was working hard and starting to gain some recognition, but then I had a baby. After having (my most amazing) baby I found myself, in a sense, starting all over again! So what will this year hold? I'm not so sure yet. I'll keep searching to find myself and my new path in life. In the meantime, I hope I can keep writing something you might want to read.

Thanks for sticking with me this year, your support is literally the reason I am blogging. My blog isn't quite a year old but I'm so grateful to all of you for reading and sticking with me this year! Looking back, these are some of my most popular posts of the year.

Number 1 - The Fake Mums.

My Facebook mother's group page was infiltrated by a drama ridden fake who posed as several 'mothers' for months before we realised. Be careful what you put out on the internet, you never know who is stalking your information.
Number 2 - The Shame of Breastfeeding.

Why in 2015 do we often feel ashamed to breastfeed in public? I know I always felt the need to cover up, but I shouldn't have. Be proud of giving your babies the nourishment they need!

Number 3 - Sleep deprivation and advice overload.

As a new mother I was overwhelmed with 'experts' throwing advice at me left right and centre. 'Let them cry it out' but 'crying causes anxiety', feed on demand but don't let them gain too much weight.... on went the conflicting advice. The best advice was from my mother - 'Trust your instincts, you know your child the best'. Great advice mum!

Number 4 - Food Glorious Food

Every loves a good recipe! These Easy Carrot and Zucchini Cheesy muffins went down a treat. I'll come up with some more yummy new recipes in the new year!

Number 5 -
Gorgeous DIY baby clothes.

I posted some popular sewing tutorials, but so many of you loved these super cute top knot baby headbands, and so do I!

Giveaways!

I had some amazing giveaways this year, the Baby Bjorn was a standout! Stay tuned next year for some great giveaways coming!

--------------------------------------

So 2015 has come to an end and 2016 is here. I'm not sure where the year is going to take me.

How was 2015 for you? Have you got big plans for 2016 or resolutions you intend to keep?

xo


4 comments:

  1. Love your blog, Lu. I hope you continue to feel inspired to keep writing, and your dream job eventuates this year! Here's to an awesome 2016!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some great posts here Lu! It's so nice to look back in your year of blogging. I can't believe the Facebook mother's group one!! Sounds cra cra!
    Looking forward to seeing what you'll share in 2016 xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have loved getting to know you through your blog- can't wait to keep reading in'16!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a year! My 3 words... Busy, chaotic, satisfying x

    ReplyDelete