Tuesday, 12 April 2016

When bad things happen, buy a lotto ticket

For those of you who regularly follow my blog and facebook page may be aware that my little family has had some very tough times recently.

I took a little hiatus from blogging for a few weeks while we came to terms with the sudden and unexpected death of my brother-in-law who was a new dad and only 33 years old! It has been heartbreaking for our family and no more so than to his partner and their little boy. We celebrated his life in a way that he would have loved, at the Wests Tigers Leagues Club, the NRL team he would have followed to the moon and back. I have never been to a funeral with some many people (literally hundreds) full of funny, loving and ridiculous stories of someone's very short life but it showed everyone what an impact you can make on people in a short time.

Thank you everyone for your words of support during this time.
I decided to make a return to my blog this week only for my little girl to be struck down with what was thought to be MEASLES on the eve of her 18 month vaccinations, which funnily enough would have vaccinated her against said measles. One night we had to race her down to the emergency room what she started vomiting after days of high fevers, diarrhea and body consuming rashes.

On the plus side the doctors and nurses LOVED her! They were playing games with her and making her giggle like crazy. She was being the most upbeat sick child ever. The doctor even wrote on her discharge paper that she was a 'very cheerful child'.

The third downer for the week was when one lovely soul sideswiped our car leaving massive scratches and dents. I returned to my car after an interview for a dream job which I was so confident about (still waiting to hear about that one) to find my car damaged and no hint of who did it. Sigh... to make it worse I was so angry and flustered I backed into a tree, leaving a second dent on the back of the car. Sigh...
Things just didn't go well for us this week, but I figure bad things come in threes right? So surely I have used up the bad luck for a while and should be due some good luck by now. I might go buy a lotto ticket.

But all said and done, at the end of the day I get to snuggle up with this beauty.

As a mother I get to see the (usually) smiling face of my little girl and remember that she loves me unconditionally and that I am (at the moment) her everything, as she is mine. I am so lucky that I get to call her my daughter. So life isn't that bad at all!

xo

6 comments:

  1. I had one of those weeks too! The dog had to be put down and then a tummy bug struck the house. Hope things start to get happier for you again soon Lu. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so sorry to hear about your brother in law and your sick little one. What a turn of bad luck - but I admire your positive attitude that things will turn around. It is important to take a moment and reflect on the things we are grateful for when everything else is going terribly!
    Take care of yourself and looking forward to your blog getting back into it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear about your loss. And what a week! Like you said, sometimes it's good to snuggle up with your children and remember the people and feelings that make it all worthwhile. I hope you get your dream job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, we finalised our wills the other week and just the thought of leaving our children behind had me in tears. I can't imagine how tough it would have been to farewell your brother-in-law. I hope that things look up for you soon xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Lu, you really have had a very tough time! Hope things start to look up for you soon x Crossing fingers and toes for that job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh you poor thing. I am so sorry to hear about the bad string of events that you have had enter your life. I hope your little one is completely well again and soon you find out you have just got that dream job.

    ReplyDelete